Sunday, June 17, 2012

Update from Chapel Hill

We are still here and plugging right along. I continue to get better every day thanks to Charley, my medicine and getting back to exercise.

I last weighed 107.5 pounds so that hurdle has been taken care of. I finish the latest round of antibiotics on Tuesday morning (Yeah!!). Have already completed the prednisone step down routine. Glad that is over.

Now I have four more days to get to rehab and work on that before going back to the doctor for tests and a checkup on Friday of this week. That is when we expect to hear that we will be listed the following week!! If they find another hurdle for us to overcome I do not know what I will do!! Steaming mad

Keep all those prayers coming. We continue to see folks with lung disease getting their transplants and most are doing well. Some are running into issues and I realize that can happen. I feel confident that I will do well since Duke has not found any other health issues for me since I have been here.

And a very special thank you to all you bloggers out there who keep sending encouragement and prayers our way. We know we do not say it often enough, but we do appreciate it immensely!! I would also like to apologize for not sending more comments along to each of you but I have been very slack in checking blogs lately. I promise to get better about it soon.

Stay safe out there.

22 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had the best week possible. Keep up the good work! Best of luck at your Drs. appointment. We'll be waiting for good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to hear some good news from you. You don't need to worry about keeping up with other blogs. You have more than enough to worry about just getting healthy.

    If you have another setback I am confident you will handle it just like you handled the others ones. I know this has been a long road for you and hopefully things are going to turn around now. Prayers to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen!! We have a lot of faith that this week will be it!!

      Delete
  3. What great news! You just concentrate on getting to that transplant, not replying to us. We'll be here sending healing thoughts your way and hoping everything goes smoothly. You've worked so hard to get here. Thank goodness you have Charley by your side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I do not know what I would do without my Charley!!

      Delete
  4. LOVE hearing good news like this...and don't you worry about not commenting on our blogs. I was shocked to see you post one on mine the other day. You have bigger things to worry about...LOL! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna. We love hearing from everyone and I hate it when I cannot return the favor.

      Delete
  5. Great news, Sherry! 107lbs sounds really great - just keep eating those milkshakes and chocolate cake. Looking forward already to you next update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick. I just hope it goes our way this time but we will do what the doctors tell us we must do if that happens. And I am drinking the milkshakes but no chocolate cake yet. Lots of ice cream though.

      Delete
  6. Ahh....the checkered flag is in sight. Great news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy you are full of wonderful positive news...love it!

    Prayer, prayers and more prayers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Weavers!! Love all of the positive feedback!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great update Sherry! Keep it up and you will be listed very soon. Great news!
    Happy Father's Day to Charlie! I hope he's enjoying his day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is having a good day but missing our kids and grandkids today. We could not leave to be with them today.

      Thanks!!

      Delete
  10. Sherry - wonderful, wonderful news. I was watching the news the other night and they had a girl on who had just had a double lung transplant. She was an opera singer and they told her she probably wouldn't ever be able to sing opera again. But she didn't listen to "they" and she is back performing once again. So if there are any more hurdles I know that you can overcome them. You and the Lord can do anything and look at all that you've done already. You are amazing and an inspiration to all of us. Prayers and hugs to you and a Happy Father's Day to Charley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we hear great stories almost every day. There are some "potholes" along the way for some but they are usually overcome. And that is quite an inspiration about the opera singer. She must be a tough lady!! Would love to hear her sing!! And Charley says thank you too!!

      Delete
  11. Sherry & Charlie,
    Keep that good news coming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear you are clearing all the hurdles. Hope you get listed soon and am sending more prayers up for you. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our thoughts are with you. We are sure all will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 107 pounds! Wow, you are doing great. YOU and CHARLIE are doing a great job! Keep up the good work. God is directing your path and will care for you. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sherry.....I don't comment on many Blogs but I just wanted to tell you we are praying for you. I know you will get well soon because you are a determined person. :-) Maybe you can come back to the Black Hills soon.
    Thanks for all your comments on Mike's Blog. He really looks forward to reading them. Hugs..........Pat

    ReplyDelete