Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Great News!!

Looks like we will be able to begin our journey to Yellowstone the week of August 9th!!

Repairs to our 5er are probably going to be placed on hold until we return from this trip since the parts just arrived and getting this scheduled appears to be a problem now. We were so hoping that we could get everything fixed before we left but what needs to be done can wait until we return without causing a travel problem. We will, however, have to get the new wheels/tires installed on the 5er before we leave and we should be able to get that done next week. Several other cleaning chores also have to be done as well. We are going to be very busy next week!!

Check up on us in the next couple of weeks to see if we are really “on the road again”!!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010


Well, we are still trying to determine when we can get started on our trip to Yellowstone. We are hoping to know within the next couple of weeks. Charley’s Dad is doing pretty well but we still do not feel comfortable leaving quite yet.

Hoping to get the new tires/wheels on our 5er and get her in for the last repairs from our blowout in the next few days. The remainder of the parts were due in yesterday but we have not heard for sure yet.

We will begin daily updates to our blog once we are on the road again!!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Latest

Our nephew was in an automobile accident and was just released from the hospital on July 8. He is doing fine. Charley’s Dad is also doing well. So we are now in the process of seeing what we need to get done prior to getting started on our trip to Yellowstone while deciding when we feel comfortable leaving.

We know we have to get the new rims and tires on the 5er and if the parts come in from the blowout we hope to get those repairs done also. After all that we still need to get the 5er and truck all cleaned up and shiny for the trip. They have both been neglected this summer (too hot and steamy here in SC to get much of that sort of stuff taken care of). And speaking of the weather, we certainly won’t miss that when we get on the road again!!

We will update later in the week and hopefully will have an idea then on when we can plan to leave. There is still a little bit of uncertainty regarding Charley’s Dad and whether we feel comfortable leaving yet but we will work that out in the coming days.

Stay tuned some more!! :-)

Thursday, July 1, 2010

More on Our Plans

Well, the rim situation for our 5er did not turn out as expected. Keystone (Montana) told our rep that the rims for the 2010 Montana were made in China. The company that manufactured them has gone out of business and the molds for the rims were destroyed. So we did our best to get Keystone to agree to replace all the rims so that they would match but, guess what? They will not. So we are on the hook to do this if we want them all to match, and of course we do.

So, having said that, Charley finally, after getting the runaround in many phone calls, got in touch with the actual company that sells tires and rims to the RV manufacturers and we now have ordered our new rims, etc. Charley also ordered heavy duty valve stems for the four tires. He also has all new tires on order with a local store so that we can them all installed as soon as the rims arrive and we can get this scheduled. Looks like the other repairs may have to wait until we return from our trip. Needless to say, Charley probably has a few more gray hairs now than when he started trying to get this resolved!! (Not that he has that many non-gray ones left!!)

We are still planning to get on the road by mid-July unless something else happens to delay us. Everybody keep their fingers crossed for us!!