Saturday, June 23, 2012

Update from Chapel Hill

Well, I spoke too soon and I should have known better!! I did get a good report from the doctor yesterday and I seem to be over all of the pneumonia and infections but, and she is right, I am still recovering. I must be as strong as possible going into this surgery so that I come out of surgery as strong as possible and without complications. So, after the initial disappointment, I agreed. They want to see me again in two weeks and will check me out again and make another call at that time.

I went to the rehab center 4 days this week and made some progress but not near enough. I am doing well on everything but walking. Lots of work to do on this beginning Monday. I should be able to go 5 days this week. Only one doctor visit with one of the surgeons on Monday afternoon after going to rehab.

So we are still going to be plugging away and trying to get on the list. Several couples that we have gotten acquainted with since here have already gotten listed and have had their surgery and are recovering nicely. A few bumps along the way but so far those have been overcome. I hope to join their ranks very soon.

We are missing our children and grandchildren immensely right now but this is very important so we have to stay focused on it and get it done!! We continue to stay in touch with them via phone and video calls (don’t want them to forget what we look like!!). Open-mouthed smile

That is our update for the week but stay tuned.

Now it is time for me to get caught up with all of you and your blogs! Charley does a much better job on this than I do!!

18 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about the delay, Sherry, but it sounds like you are moving forward in the right direction, and that's the main thing. I guess patience really is a virtue, but I'm sure it's difficult in your situation. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a follow-up to my comment of last week about the checkered flag being in sight.....you've just been given the white flag. Hopefully there will be no yellow flags and you'll get the checked soon. Keep working hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only my breathing will cooperate I can make it!! That is the one thing in my way right now....

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep the faith and keep working hard. Your time will come when you are good and ready. Hopefully, we'll get a much happier report in 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my hope also. I am determined to make it and hope that it only takes two weeks.

      Delete
  5. Just as soon as you get strong and have that surgery, those kids and grandkids won't be able to get rid of you! AND they will love it.

    Keeping you in my prayers, Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay the course, Sherry, and keep taking care of yourself. Your strenght and determination is a legacy for all your Grandkids and everyone else! ...including me, gf!!! Janis

      Delete
  6. It will happen ~ you do want to be as strong as you can be... Prayers are with you to get really really strong fast!!!
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep at it Sherry. Just a matter of time before all this hard work pays off. We know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a "bump" in the road,,,,,,,,you will be in good shape soon. Our thoughts and prayers are with you....
    God gives strength,,,hang in there.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sherry, this is just another bump in the road for you, so keep up the good work. I know God is involved in all the doctor's decisions. We'll be praying for you every day. Hugs........Pat

    ReplyDelete