Friday, January 13, 2012

Another Week has Flown By!!

Well, I just completed my second week (4 days) of pulmonary rehab. It is going very well in my humble opinion (doing better than I ever thought I would this soon). This is a long weekend due to Martin Luther King day on Monday and I can use the rest BUT…. I have to keep up the walking or it will be just like starting over on Tuesday! And I don’t want that!!

I have also increased my weight from 83 to 87 pounds so that is going well also. We met with one of the Duke nutritionists this week and got some additional help with the types of foods I should be focusing on and how often I should be eating and snacking. Maybe this will help the weight increase even more rapidly.

I must say that even though I still get very short of breath I am already feeling a lot better. I can also tell that my body is getting stronger. I am  hopeful that this improvement will continue.

And Charley joined the fitness center and he did his first workout today. He thinks he is going to be sore by tomorrow!! This will help him occupy the time he has to spend waiting on me to complete my rehab and lectures and it will help his health also!!

And, last but not least, thank you to all the folks who have sent such nice comments and notes of encouragement. You will never know how much we both appreciate this and how much it helps to motivate me to work hard!! Thank you so much!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Sherry, that is wonderful news! Just keep plugging away and you'll be healthier than you ever thought possible-even before the transplant!
    Have a great weekend and keep walking (and eating)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd gladly give you some of my extra weight! We thot about joining the fitness center while we are here as well. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duke sounds like a wonderful caring place to be for medical care. I'm glad to hear you are showing improvement. Keep up the good work...and Charley too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever you are suppose to eat...I am not suppose to eat...lol Good luck Charley with you work outs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear you are doing so well. The weight gain is great! You should follow me around a while...you'd probably gain even more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems that there are many of us who would give you some pounds. Seriously, keep up the good work. I am following you closely since John also has emphysema.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear that you are doing better. Hooray for the weight gain. Keep up the good work. We're all praying and pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear your rehab is going so well. Every time we go to Dan's and I have a bowl of clam chowder we think of you folks. Hopefully next winter we'll be sitting there together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good to hear the rehab is going well and great job on the weight gain! Sounds like its all headed in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete